This year at Holy Family Catholic Primary School, we are working towards acheiving the Primary Science Quality Mark GILT Award.
- Enables science subject leaders to develop and articulate a clear intent and aspirational vision for science. The process of achieving a PSQM raises the profile and quality of science across the whole school.
- Supports subject leaders to effectively implement a curriculum for science that is informed by research evidence and best practice data. Working with an expert hub leader subject leaders evaluate current provision for science and put in place a development cycle that leads to sustained progress in science across the school.
- Ensures strong and positive impact: Children make good progress, building and consolidating their knowledge and skills, developing positive attitudes about science and its value to their lives and globally. Teachers and children enjoy their science lessons
The criteria for each Primary Science Quality Mark cover the following areas:
- Science Leadership – vision and value, development goals, monitoring and professional development for subject leadership;
- Science Teaching – CPD, teaching strategies, resources;
- Science Learning – science enquiry, assessment, science capital;
- Wider Opportunities – linking science with other subjects and whole school initiatives, curriculum enrichment
For schools which demonstrate how established science leadership is having a sustained impact on science teaching and learning across the school.
To keep updated with all of the work, events and opportunities that are being used to evidence this mark please follow our dedicated Science Twitter page: