Holy Family COVID information:
- Staff will be at all gates at the start and end of the day.
- Of a morning, children will come into school via the playgrounds. Parents need to leave their children at the gate.
- At the end of day, parents can come on to the playground to collect their children.
- From Monday 14th September 2020: all parents must wear a face covering on the playground when collecting children (you will be asked to wait at the gate if you don’t have one and your child will be brought to you).
8.30am – 8.55am All children can come into school and have some toast for breakfast before lessons start at 8.55am
3.10pm Reception finish
3.15pm Y1 & Y2 finish
3.20pm Y3 – Y6 finish
End of the day collection
Please leave the school grounds as soon as you have collected your child to avoid overcrowding and gathering on the playground. Play equipment must not be used.
- Nursery and Reception will be collected from their usual door
- Y1 and Y2 parents can enter the school playground and collect children from their classroom doors.
- Y3 and Y4 parents can enter the school playground and collect their children via the fire doors at the bottom of the yard
- Y5 parents can enter the school playground and collect their children via the fire doors at the top of the yard
- Y6 parents need to wait on Upper Essex Street and children will be dismissed to them
What to do if you are unwell:
The children and staff are doing their best in school to minimise the risk of COVID-19 but you, as parents, also have an important role to play during the pandemic.
- If you have any Coronavirus symptoms (high temperature, new persistent cough, loss of smell or taste) please stay away from school and go for a test. https://liverpool.gov.uk/communities-and-safety/emergency-planning/coronavirus/how-to-get-tested/tests-for-people-with-symptoms/ or call 119.
- Inform the school office, ensure siblings are kept at home and wait for your test results.
The Government rules states that the person with symptoms should isolate for 10 days, starting from the first day of their symptoms, and the rest of their household for 14 days. Make sure you clean your child’s uniform more regularly, promote good hand washing and hygiene at home, sanitize hands regularly, practice ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ with coughs and sneezes.
- There is currently a trial of mass testing in Liverpool for anyone who is not showing any symptoms. There are lots of sites to get tested. Use this link for a live update of sites to visit. https://liverpool.gov.uk/communities-and-safety/emergency-planning/coronavirus/how-to-get-tested/symptom-free-testing/
Keeping up to date:
Follow us on Twitter @holyfamilyL8
Look at the school website under ‘COVID’ section for the latest updates
Newsletters are on the website and sent out via the app
All communication comes via the app. If you are having any issues accessing messages or letters, please contact the school office.
Our free communication app allows us to provide parents with instant access to our important messages and up to date school information.
Please contact the school office if you have not received your personal invite.