In computing we follow the National Curriculum POS, which states that a high-quality computing education equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world.
At Holy Family Catholic Primary, we aim to:
- Provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Meet the requirements of the national curriculum programmes of study for Computing.
- Use ICT and computing as a tool to enhance learning throughout the curriculum.
- To respond to new developments in technology.
- Enable staff and children to gain confidence in, and enjoyment from, the use of ICT.
- To equip pupils with the confidence and capability to use Computing throughout their later life.
- Provide children with opportunities to develop specific ICT skills.
- To enhance learning in other areas of the curriculum using ICT and Computing.
- To develop the staff and pupils’ knowledge and understanding of how to use ICT and Computing safely and responsibly.
Our children all have access to iPads as well as our brand new Computer Lab, which enables them to further develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of all elements of the computing curriculum.